Our group focuses on building NLP ecosystem for Indian languages and seeking new models and techniques better suited for Indian languages. Our project has volunteers from IIT Madras, One Fourth Labs, Microsoft Search Technology Center India.
We are recruiting a team of skilled translators who can translate between English and their native language.The ideal candidate has experience in linguistics, particularly syntax at the university level and enjoys working from home, full time. However, linguistics freshers who possess exceptional translation skills and are keen to delve into the world of NLP, can also apply.
Apply to the Language Translators position at https://forms.gle/nAwU5qJDaBZoKddR6
The candidate must be proficient in English in addition to at least one of the languages mentioned. A background in linguistics is preferred but not mandatory
Our ideal translator
- demonstrates proficiency in native language(s) and English.
- has 1-5 yrs experience in annotation/content creation tasks such as translation, transcription, voice recording, etc.
- knows how to navigate the internet (access emails, search for content, etc).
- uses Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc) with ease.
In addition, the following personality traits would get you hired:
- team player, detail-oriented & diligent about deadlines
- comfortable working in a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, dynamic work environment
- willing to accept reprioritization when necessary
- Short Surveys
- Data Collection Projects (e.g. voice recording, image collection, etc.)
- Linguistic Specialties (Text to Speech, Computational, Phonetics, Pronunciation, Annotation, etc.)
Salary: INR 30,000 - 60,000/month depending on experience and qualification
Contact Bhavana R for any queries
We are currently looking for following 22 languages
Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Odia, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu
For any queries, feel free to reach us at: